Hello, everyone! I thought I'd give you an update on my first craft show in three years that happened a couple of weeks ago! I'll have to say I was pretty nervous going in. My mom couldn't find the white table cloths that I had previously used, and I didn't have tables. That right there is a crafter's nightmare! I really wanted this to go well, so I'd been preparing for it for a while.
I managed to locate some tables via my boyfriend's mom--a big thank you to her! Until I got to the site of the show, I had no idea how I was going to set up the tables. I figured I'd use some fabric I had for tablecloths--1 for each table. I was in for a big surprise there...none of my pieces would cover any of the table entirely! SO...apprentice mode initialized! I brought a crap load of fabric with me so my boyfriend and I thought...let's do three fabrics with a unifying one in the center! I love the result! Hopefully, I'll have time to sew them together before the next show, but who knows.
In the weeks prior to the day of the show, I grabbed a couple of old windows that had been sitting outside the chicken house on our property and slowly transformed them into displays. This wasn't an easy feat in the least. First I had to clean them off because they'd been sitting for who know how long--probably a decade (they were older windows to begin with)--and removing the glass. Not one piece of glass was broken in the process! Go me! However, on a windy, rainy afternoon, the wind caught the bigger piece and it shattered into a bazillion pieces, but it's ok because I didn't plan on using it anyway (oh, a rhyme). I had to cut some wood to fit the now empty spaces and then staple some canvas fabric to it. The chicken wire was the last part before shoving (yes, I did say shoving) in the pieces, and let me tell you, that chicken wire did a number on my hands and fingers (there weren't gloves small enough to allow me to grip like I needed to). Because the chicken wire was attached, it made the size slightly smaller than the openings, and the big one was the issue. After several unsuccessful attempts and shoving the inner piece in, my boyfriend, our roommate, and I had to take part of the big frame apart, insert the inner piece, and put the frame back together!
I really love the center table the most. The fabrics went really well together, and the pennant banner popped. It was definitely the "shabby-chic"-ish look I wanted! Hanging the sign took a bit of time because we had to rig to to hang correctly.
This was the second table. Next time I want the entire top to be white so the jewelry can be seen a little bit easier. Maybe add some risers. My goal for the next picture is not to get my butt in it again!
The second side table was where I placed my string art. I think the plate holders were definitely a nice touch.
While I was busy inside, my boyfriend scoped out the best fresh squeezed lemonade at the show, along with funnel cakes, barbecue nachos, and corn dogs.
Considering this was the first show I'd done in 3 years, I think I did a pretty good job overall. I made my vendor deposit back and around $300 extra, so I was pleased as punch! I was able to have most everything laid out on the tables, and I got some ideas for the next show in June!
Wish me luck!!
Hi! I’m Meagan, designer for The Prickly Pear. I’ve created this blog to not only showcase my work and other crafty information, but also to give you an inside look into my life.